ANNUAL PROGRAM – 2020 – 2021
To view the annual program of events and functions for The Probus Club of North Balwyn Inc. A0016781Z
– select the following link.
All 2021 Meetings and Functions (Version 4)
Functions, Day Trips & Theatre
The following functions have been organized as follows: –
Dates for your Diary for 2020 – 2021:
Keep an eye out for further details in later newsletters:
The following Theatre & Cinema Events have been organized for 2021-2022
“And Then There Were None” a play by Agatha Christie was held on Friday, 2nd July.
“Moulin Rouge” Musical at the Regent Theatre, Wednesday January 19th, 2022, Matinee 1pm. Please contact convenor by 12th October for confirmation and payment.
Palace Cinema Balwyn – Thursday Matinee 11.00 am – Please stay tune for details for Matinee & Lunch sessions to resume possibly in July 2021.
All bookings should be sent by email to email@example.com or SMS to 0405 220 935
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Some meetings have been Suspended due to Covid-19 Virus. The following SIG’s Heritage/Genealogy, Photography/Travel, Investment, Computer are being conducted by Zoom Vide Conference system (see newsletter for details)
The following Special Interest Groups (SIG’S) meetings will be held at Balwyn North Uniting Church, Duggan Street, Balwyn North (Melway MAP Ref. 46 F3) once Covid-19 restrictions have been relaxed. Anyone is encouraged to join us and will be made welcome, please contact one of the conveners for more information. Currently the SIGs are using the Zoom Conferencing system to stay in touch.
Meetings commence at 10.00 am with a small contribution to offset morning tea & site fees. These meetings cover various interesting topics including, hardware, software items and video presentation of technology updates. Website updates and data sharing is discussed to update content.
Through talks and discussions at meetings and by visiting relevant interesting venues, the group helps members develop skills to research and record their family history and to learn about places that have significant heritage values.
Meetings commence at 10.00 am, with a small contribution to offset morning tea & site fees. Guest speakers are invited from time to time covering various Investment opportunities. Also, share market information about major retail groups and challenge of on-line selling.
Meetings commence at 10.00 am, with a small contribution to offset morning tea & site fees. Photographic challenges covering various topics & Travel expeditions with submissions from the members. Outside visits are scheduled from time to time presenting members challenges on a specific topic. Guest speakers covering Travel interests are invited.
The following Special Interest Groups (SIG’S) meet at various locations as indicated in each group.
Players of Bridge meet at the Kew Golf Club starting at 1pm Refreshments are available in comfortable surroundings.
Interested players are welcome to join and tuition will be provided to learn the intricacies of the game. Meeting dates can be changed to a more convenient time.
Players are now called upon as the numbers have declined recently, interested players are encouraged to contact Per Knudsen or Graham Francis.
Dinners are held at conveniently located hotels and social clubs on the third Wednesday in the month, starting at 6.00pm. Wives, partners, and friends always welcome.
Golf: – Convener Bruce McInerney
The once-a-year golf tournament for the Probus Club will be held at the Freeway Golf Course on Tuesday 22nd May starting at 10am. A trophy will be presented to the winning player. Players interested in competing in this tournament please contact Bruce McInerney.
This new SIG was introduced to fill the void whilst we are not able to go to Dine-Out venues, Cinemas or Theatres. Further Lunch & Chat zoom meetings will be held on the fourth Thursday of the month while these restrictions are in place.
About a fortnight before the zoom lunch meetings, two or three movies are selected and details sent to participants so they can decide which films to watch at home in comfort prior to the zoom lunch.
An invitation is emailed to participants with a link so they can join the zoom lunch meeting at home. While having a light lunch they talk about the films thy have watched and chat about what they have been doing and how their families have been coping during the changing COVID-19 restrictions.
Zoom Lunch & Chat SIG monthly meetings that have been held since May 2020.
The next SIG meeting will be Thursday 22nd July 2021, for further information please contact the convenor.
- Jasper Jones (2017) SBS Channel 32 – 9.30am Tuesday 6th July & its also available on SBS on Demand
- Mystery of Henri Pick (2019) SBS Channel 32 – 7.35pm on Wednesday 14th July & its also available on SBS on Demand
- Lucky Grandma (2019) SBS Channel 32 – 7.55pm Wednesday 21st July & its also available on SBS On Demand
Previous movies during the Pandemic year were: –
- Opal Dream – SBS OnDemand – May 2020
- Love Alaska – Beamafilm (using your Council Library card to view) _ May 2020
- Charlie and Boots – SBS OnDemand – May 2020
- Florence Foster Jenkin – SBS OnDemand – June 2020
- A Street Cat Named Bob – SBS OnDemand – June 2020
- The King’s Speech – Channel 32 (SBS Movies) – July 2020
- Maggie’s Plan 2015 – Channel 32 (SBS Movies)- July 2020
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople 2016 NZ Film – Channel 32 (SBS Movies) _ July 2020
- The Guernsy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2017)-Channel 76 (7Flix) – August 2020
- The man who invented Christmas (2017) – Channel 32 SBS Movies – August 2020
- Two is a Family – SBS On Demand – August 2020
- Viceroys House (2017) – Channel 32 – September 2020
- Interlude in Prague (2017) – Channel 32 – September 2020
- The Best Offer” (2017) – SBS On demand – September 2020
- Get Low (2009) – Channel 32 – October 2020
- Tracks (2013) – Channel 32 – October 2020
- Chalet Girl (2011) – Channel 32 – October
- Lion (2016) Channel 32 – Saturday 14th November
- A United Kingdom (2016) Channel 32 – Sunday 15th November
- A Little Chaos (2014) Channel 32 17th November
- The Lunchbox (2013) Channel 32 – Tuesday 8th December
- The Railway Man (2013) Channel 32 – Wednesday 9th December
- The Jane Austin Book Club (2007) Channel 32 – Friday 8th January
- Broken Hill (2009) Channel 32 – Tuesday 12th & 14th January
- A Private Function (1984) Channel 32 – Wednesday 13th January
- Maudie (2016) Channel 32 Friday 12th February
- The Finishers (2013) French Film De toutes non forces Channel 32 – Saturday 13th
- Last Chance Harvey (2008) SBS on Demand
- Red Joan (2018) SBS Channel 32
- Elementary (Primaire) (2016) SBS Channel 32
- All is True (2018) SBS channel 32
- The Diving Bell & the Butterfly (2017) SBS Channel 32
- What We Did on Our Holiday (2014) SBS Channel 32
- La Vie En Rose (2070) SBS Channel 32
- Esio Trot (2015) SBS Channel 32
- The Wife (2017) SBS Channel 32
- The Words (2012) SBS Channel 32
Please contact Graydon Findley E:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and invitation process for the zoom meeting.
Meetings commence at 10.30 am. Various walks are organized within the district meeting at a designated starting point. Lunch being organized at a local café within close proximity. New walkers are most welcome to join the group.
Meetings commence at 9.00 am until noon. Held at Woodcraft Manningham off Foote Street Templestowe (Melway Map Ref 33 E5) at Templestowe Village State School Building—near RSL. There are 1st class woodcraft facilities with an efficient exhaust duct system and modern safe equipment. Any member with an interest in wood turning is very welcome. Contact Don Macdonald for further details.
To view full details of the monthly Special Interest Group’s (SIG’s) select the Newsletter page which will cover the full details.
If you would like more information about any of the Activities of our club, please use the Contact Form on the Contact Us page.